Friday, May 29, 2009

SOA All In One Challenge

This is another one of Stampin' Out Alzheimer's card challenges. I Brake For Stamps is sponsoring a challenge where participants need to create a card using one colour, one stamp, one ribbon and one embellishment. In a world where colours collide and the sky's the limit, this was incredibly difficult. It's only suiting that I came up with something baby-themed since my son and I were at the Children's Trunk Show earlier today! I made my own textured paper using heart and daisy stamps to match the print on the buggy, then I coloured in the shapes on the buggy using a Copic marker. I really wanted to use a brad where the round hinge for the buggy cover opens and closes but then I realized I didn't have any green brads! The only other embellishment I had was a mini clothespin but only in colours other than green so I took the same Copic marker and coloured that clothespin with it. This worked out very well. If I want to later, I can use the clothespin to add a personalized tag with another colour!
Sources: Halcraft cardstock; Stamping Bella bella baby buggy bumper; SU! Garden Green ink; Copic marker; Carl Craft long reach daisy punch; Carl By Marvy heart punch; Dashes, Dots & Checks ribbon; mini clothespin from my stash

No comments: