Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mojo Monday Week 90 [MOJO90] - Hooty Birthday

It's Thursday and I'm finally getting around to the Mojo Monday sketch. This one was very fun because I used one of my new stamps from the grab bag I won from Pink Cat Studio. I also used new cardstock and new Copics! The small owl and 'hoo' sentiment are from a PCS set I already own and the large owl and sentiment were part of my prize. They were so much fun to colour and I will be using more of my new stamps in the coming days. I can't wait to show you!

This was the first time I outlined the image in pale grey. I'd seen it done so many times and it always looks so good so I decided to finally give it a try. I was so nervous and my hands were shaking but hopefully you can't tell! LOL I realized when the card was done that you can't really see the square with the swirls and I probably should've put the same green paisley paper behind it to make it more noticeable. Finally, I added the googly eyes on both owls and popped the circle out with dimension squares.

Sources: DCWV and Halcraft cardstock; Pink Cat Studio Farm Animals and Q.T. Hooty; Memories Black ink; Copics; Pebbles chalks; Craft Medley googly eyes; Dimension squares; McGill circle punches

2 comments:

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This is so cute! Love those googly eyes! Thanks for playing! :)

Crafty Jenn said...

This is sooo cute! I love the google eyes! Thanks for stopping by my blog and for the comment.