Sunday, June 21, 2009

Viva La Verve with a {twist} of DP INSPIRATION [VLVJun04]

Well, it's the end of the month and I completed my first set of Viva La Verve Friday sketches! This week's {twist} required participants to draw inspiration from one piece of designer paper and I picked a Basic Grey paper that I'd been saving just for an occasion such as this. I've always loved green and purple together so I chose to highlight the pale green and cream coloured flowers from this DP. Alarms go off in my head everytime I see a big circle due to my lack of nesties. This called for some resourcefulness and creativity so I traced a circle using an SU brad container and cut around it with some fancy scissors. Do you like how I chose my sentiment to match my paper piecing? LOL I wish I could tie a better bow but I guess I just need more practice. It was so much fun to play with all the talented ladies and cheer each other on. I can't wait to play again next month!

Sources: Bazzill Basics & The Paper Company cardstock; Provo Craft & Basic Grey Wisteria Violet papers; Verve Up, Up & Away and Sweet On You; Memories Black & SU Elegant Eggplant inks; Fiskars Victorian paper edger; Straight 'N' Narrow ribbon; American Crafts brads

2 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Perfect job on the sketch, love it.

Anonymous said...

Hey, smart minds think alike! Don't you just love that new Basic Grey DP!