Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Amanda Hamilton Jewellery

I thought I would do a little feature on my friend Amanda who is a very talented jewellery designer. I met Amanda several years ago when we were both fundraisers for New Leaders of Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre, Canada's premier trauma centre. Every time I wear one of Amanda's pieces, I get so many compliments and everyone asks me where I bought it. Amanda's one-of-a-kind jewellery is very affordable even though they're all made from semi-precious stones and Bali silver. I just love Bali silver! If you've always wanted a custom-made piece made with specific colours and stones, you should consider Amanda's designs.

Amanda is currently working with Murano, sterling silver, vintage German, Lucite and semi-precious stones. Much of her extensive collection comes from her travels around the world. Aside from designing and making jewellery, Amanda is also a collector and is always on the lookout for Georg Jensen silver, Bakelite and anything with a retro sensibility. Amanda is a member of the Toronto Bead Society and The Bead Museum in Phoenix, Arizona where she often vacations.

Here are some samples of Amanda's lovely work:












No comments: