Thursday, September 24, 2009

It's All About Love

Love...that's what I'm here to talk about today. First of all, have you seen the DCWV Green Stack?! I was just browsing in Indigo the other day and noticed they restocked their craft corner. I nearly screamed out loud and you know how quiet bookstores are! I don't like to buy stacks anymore because I typically only like fewer than half the papers in them but this one? My, oh, my, I love every single sheet and they have the best texture, too. The hardest part was trying to decide what size stack I wanted. I wanted them all! We're an environmentally-friendly family and we love animals and the outdoors. To see that this stack had that theme and was made with 70% recycled paper, well, how could I resist? I settled on the 8X8 stack but I think I'll have to go back and get the 12X12 one...okay, maybe the 4.5X6.5, too, because I can totally see myself making a scrapbook for Lil' D out of the entire thing! LOL

This is a wedding card for a couple we met in Italian class three years ago and quickly became good friends. They're getting married up in gorgeous cottage country this weekend but we're not going since we felt the long drive and late nights would be too difficult on the little one. Anyway, as I was putting together this card, I couldn't help but use the same colours they used to make their own wedding invitation. I love brown and pale blue together. It's so retro and classic! I wish I could show you the gorgeous invitation they made but I can't for the life of me find it! I'm not surprised as I vaguely recall Lil' D getting his hands on it... All I can say is the brown was textured and the blues and golds were Japanese rice paper. It was a tri-fold package that opened to contain the details, maps and RSVP.

To make this card, I immediately thought back to this wedding card and wanted to equal or outdo it. Yup, the crazy things I do to challenge myself! I didn't use any stamps or ink on this card, just punches! I really wanted to use a polka-dotted ribbon that matched perfectly but couldn't decide where to put it and the third heart from the punch set also didn't fit anywhere so I just left them off. I didn't want to complicate things. I love the simplicity of this card and the papers do a great job on their own. I think the texture really completes the look. I can't help but love this card. I think it's stunning if I may say so myself! :)

Sources: SU chocolate chip cardstock; DCWV textured cardstock; DCWV Green Stack - Brown Ferns & Blue Wood; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; SU Heart To Heart punch; ICG alphabet punch set

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy Belated Birthday Emily!!! I hope you had a great day!! I meant to visit you here yesterday but I forgot, sorry sweetie :)
Love the card your hubbie made, how sweet is he!!
Big hugs,
Melissa

Cindy Haffner said...

So lovely Emily!