Monday, October 26, 2009

Swedish Wedding

A friend of mine asked me to make a wedding card for her friend in Sweden. This was the card I was working on at the same time as yesterday's card for my friend in Italy so I made two cards heading to Europe this week! With this one, I stuck to my own style of classic and stylish. My friend is the same way and she gave me complete creative license so it worked out well.

I think I would call the style of this card funky-retro-classic. I had seen Wendy Bond use this colour combination a couple times and it stuck in my mind. I wanted to this style of ribbon border for so long and thought this was the perfect opportunity. I love how it turned out considering it was my first try. Oh, and I can't believe how straight I stitched the border! LOL

This was also the first time I used the alphabet die that I got for free when I purchased the QuicKutz Epic Six. Originally I was just going to copy this card and use the same alphabet punches because I was having a huge creative block but I'm glad I didn't and pushed myself to make something more unique. I'm sure I'm not the first person to think of stamping white paper to make a colour of cardstock I didn't have but that's what I did. I like how the letters look rustic since the ink was stamped on textured paper and didn't cover every single bit of white. :)

Sources: The Paper Company weave white cardstock; SU textured black, textured basic gray & textured whisper white cardstock; TPH 111lb matte white cardstock; SU 1-3/8" circle punch; SU kiwi kiss ink; SU kiwi kiss 5/8" striped grosgrain ribbon; QuicKutz Sticky Note mini alphabet set; SU heart to heart punch; Local King Rubber Stamp words background; Lewiscraft 24 gauge stainless steel wire; Gutermann metallic thread; dimension squares

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, girl, this rocks!!! Love the idea for a wedding card! And that ribbon is amazing, I have always wanted to try that idea. And I didn't make up the colour combo don't worry but I am honoured you mentioned me...giggle!

Melissa said...

Very nice Emily! I think it is adorable!