Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day to all you Moms out there! So far I'm having a wonderful day and I hope you are, too!! This morning, my husband and son served me French Toast Bake with Brown Sugared Peaches. The lining is actually not toast but croissants! We ate the entire thing with maple syrup. Yum.

Then they presented me with this card and some treats for later.

See that little dinosaur? It's Pink Cat Studio's Itty Bitty Bobby and I had coloured in the face but never finished. My husband was so proud of his colouring and exclaimed that he thinks he's getting better. LOL Then it was my turn to say, "Oh my gosh! Where did you get that stamp of Goldbug?!" He said he drew that in by hand. It's so perfect! Goldbug is a character in Richard Scarry's Cars and Trucks and Things That Go which is my son's favourite book. I can't tell you how many times I've read it to him. Sometimes we just like to go searching for Goldbug who is hiding on every page.

We've been trying different Argentinian Malbecs lately and this is one that we haven't tried yet. Galerie au Chocolat is also one of my favourite chocolate brands. I don't eat a lot of chocolate but these are amazing.

My big Mother's Day gift didn't arrive on time and has been sitting at Canadian Customs since Thursday night. It's a huge Papertrey Ink order and I hope they release the package tomorrow so I can have it in my excited little hands on Tuesday. LOL

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

No comments: