Friday, May 21, 2010

OLW5: Pretty Little Buttons

I made this card for Susan Raihala's One-Layer Wednesday Challenge. This week's challenge is to incorporate a faux embellishment and I chose buttons! I tend to gravitate toward baby boy cards so today I decided to make one for a baby girl. This is most definitely a one-layer card but after finishing it I'm not sure I would call it CAS. After I cut out the window, stamping all those buttons took about 30 minutes. To finish, I lightly sponged the inside and outside edges with Pink Pirouette ink. A CAS card shouldn't take an hour to finish, should it? LOL

I have a question for those of you who make window cards. How do you photograph them? Do you lay them flat and photograph them from above like this?

Or do you stand them up like usual and try to capture the inside as well as you possibly can?

I think laying it flat looks better because at least the sentiment lines up straight with the window but the outer border of the card looks bent or warped. What do you think?

Sources: SU Naturals Ivory cardstock; PTI Tiny Treats: Valentine; PTI Inside & Out: Baby; SU Pink Pirouette, Pink Passion & Rose Red inks; Vivid Red & ButterScotch inks; Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels One; QuicKutz Epic Six

7 comments:

Donelda said...

Well regardless of whether it is CAS or not, it is adorable and worth all the work! When I photograph cards like this I ususally take 2 photos, one held closed (even if my fingers get in the photo) and standing up and opened. That way it is evident that the sentiment is on the inside and that the sentiment lines up with the opening!

Susan Raihala said...

I love this card, Emily! CAS isn't necessarily FAST. I think your choice of a window card is inspired, and the buttons are just darling.

Jennifer said...

Adorable, what a great card!

donna mikasa said...

lots of buttony goodness! such a sweet card! i like the second photo with the card upright and showing the dimension of the window.

Susan said...

I adore the window card and must remember this to try later! Too cute!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh FUN, lovin this.

Heather said...

Ooo, love those buttons. Adorable. Hev:)