Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Happily Ever After

Happy Hump Day to everyone! I hope your week's been going well so far. I'm struggling with my online shopping purchases. I guess life could be worse, eh? LOL I still haven't decided what to order from Stampin' Up and my sister is coming up for the Labour Day weekend so I have to decide what I want from Papertrey Ink for my birthday so she can bring that up for me. Then I received J.Crew's August catalog in the mail this morning and those of you who know me well know that fall is my favourite season. Of course, there is a ton of fall stuff to drool over. I better make up my mind about a few things!!

Today's card uses three stamps from Unity's July KOTM. I know I've said it before but I have to say it again. I love this kit! One of the images is a damask pattern and I'd been eyeing PTI's Damask Designs for a long time but didn't know how much use I'd get out of it. Unity provided me with the perfect opportunity to try it out. I really love how elegant this one is and I think it'll be enough for now! The main image with the two love birds has the chorus lyrics from The Chapel of Love in the background. Isn't it the cutest? I stamped it twice and popped the birds for some dimension. I also love the sentiment and especially the typewriter font! I sponged the edges of the damask background and also the circle nestie. I felt the card needed something extra so I used Stickles on the hearts and to embellish the sentiment. I may have only ever used my Black Diamond Stickles once before but I love the impact it makes here. :)

Sources: SU Kraft & Naturals Ivory cardstock; Unity July 2010 Kit of the Month - Happily Ever After; SU Rose Red, Pink Pirouette & Basic Gray inks; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; Spellbinders Nestabilities Standard Circles Large; QuicKutz Epic Six; Ranger Stickles in Diamond & Black Diamond; Glue Dots pop up relief

7 comments:

Meg said...

SQUEEEEEEEEEE!!!! This card is so adorable, I really can't stand it! I have been trying to resist this month's kit, but aaaaah!!! Not sure if I can withstand any more cute cards you make from it!

Decisions, decisions...why does all the good stuff come out all at once?

Saskia said...

LOVELY card!!

Saskia :)

G Peplow said...

Great card Emily, love that brocade stamp. Just love shopping for arty stuff have no problem with that at all, Oh! except perhaps funding everything I would like!!! :) xxx

Angela said...

That is one cute card! I love the lyrics behind the bird -- so fun. Oh, and this month I put in two Papertrey orders, so I guess my way of making decisions is to just get it all. Not healthy! And now I gotta watch out for the new J. Crew - oy!

Tee said...

So many stamps, and so little time and money perhaps? I love how this card came out..absolutely gorgeous...love the hint of bling and the colors! oh! awesome!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful, Emily. I love the damask design, and of course you are the absolute Queen of Kraft! Yet again you have used it in such a stunning and beautiful way x

Jessy said...

This is beautiful, love how you ROCKED the Unity stamps on this card. FAB-O!! :-)