Wednesday, September 8, 2010

I Can't Wait!

As you all know, I don't normally use sketches but when I thought about my new Urban city scene, I thought it would look pretty darn cool in the layout of this week's CAS83 Challenge. After all, I do live right in downtown Toronto and this what I see every day. My son loves to look out the window and people-watch. He gets even more excited when emergency vehicles go by with their sirens blaring. At the top of the excitement meter are the construction vehicles, airplanes and helicopters. So, Flob, that little creature on my card embodies the excitement of my son looking out the window in many ways.

Sources: GinaK pure luxury Black Onyx cardstock; SU textured Basic Gray cardstock; GinaK 120lb pure luxury White cardstock; Memento Tuxedo Black ink; DoodleFactory Urban; DoodleFactory Creatures II; SU Whisper White ink; PSX Snowflake embossing tinsel; Hobby Hot Boss; Glue Dots pop up relief

7 comments:

Cookie said...

This is so cool! LOVE the window scene and cute little guy! Your coloring rocks! :D

G Peplow said...

Hello there Emily, love this, it's gorgeous and your colouring of Flob is perfect, green, yellow and black are a great combination for him, he jumps right off the card, The cityscape is a great stamp it reminds me of the backgrounds for cartoons, love it:) xx

Meg said...

Tee-hee, Flob is so cute! I love how you left everything in shades of gray except for Flob & the helicopter. Very clever matting the squares on the outside edge only--very windowy! What an adorable card!

Alice said...

too cute!!! love love love this!! thanks for making me smile!! =)

Lindsey said...

This is too funny! I love it! Is Flob green cuz your little guy was feeling that way a few days ago? :P Hmmm, maybe you should rethink your aversion to layout challenges...

Angela said...

Flob is just cracking me up! I love your window scene -- it works with that sketch so well!
Ooh, if you threw in some Christmas lights in your cityscape, this would make a knockout Christmas card with that sentiment. Assuming, of course, that Christmas is as exciting for the little guy as helicopters are :)

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card Emily! I love Flob - you made me chuckle when you said he represents your son getting excited by all the things he sees out of your window! One of my sons was completely obsessed with tractors when he was little - he even had videos just showing tractors at work and would watch them for hours!! Fortunately he's moved on, now that he's 22...