Friday, September 24, 2010

Happenings of the Heart

Thank you for all of your birthday wishes! I had a nice day that got better as it went on. I received some really nice fall clothing from JCrew and hubby also surprised me with a bunch of Copic markers, wafers and Argentinian Malbec wine. Yum! My son's Halloween costume also arrived so we had fun chasing a little dinosaur around all night. I wish I could've taken some photos but my camera actually died. Period. Yes, it's completely dead now so I have no choice but to buy a new one. The Canon point-and-shoot I had wasn't very fast when it came to taking action shots. In fact, it seemed slower than the Minolta I had before that! I'd like a faster one this time around. What do you use? I feel that I've already missed some great moments so I'll be needing one before the weekend is over!

You do remember how much I love pandas, right? My husband loves to read the Italian news every morning and he always sends me links to cute photos and videos. Today, he came across some commercials for the Egyptian cheese brand Panda. Don't worry, there are English subtitles. ;) Since I don't have any other photos of cards or life to share with you today, I thought you might get a good laugh out of these. My husband jokes that the panda I have from the San Diego Zoo gift shop rules our household. :Þ After I watched the videos, he said, "Now you know how I feel when Panda gives me the evil eye." LOL Just click on the video frame above or click here for the link.

We're suddenly in the middle of a heat wave and for the first time I'm not enjoying the return of summer in the fall! I took my son out for a bike ride this morning and it was way too hot, especially since he rides so fast now that I have to jog next to him to keep up. Thankfully he stopped to play with some leaves in the shade. I hope to be back tomorrow with a new camera and something crafty to show you! What are your plans for the weekend?

8 comments:

Tee said...

Wish you a very very happy birthday Em! Wishing you a fabulous year ahead!

Meg said...

Ooooh, copic markers, a handmade card, AND a panda video? That hubby of yours sure is a great one! Ha, I loved the panda unhooking the IV. ;)

Glad you got your new clothes already. Too bad about your camera--but maybe this new one will be an "upgrade."

And that dinosaur costume! The cutest! You will definitely need to buy this set now!

G Peplow said...

Hi Emily, totally laughed at the panda vid, my son walked in, in the middle of it and stood at my shoulder then said Ah! intriguing!!!! Funny but I have a feeling I'll be singing that tune for quite a while :)
I have a Canon camera, point and shoot, he he he, coincidence!
Glad you had a good day :0) xx

Cookie said...

Oh my gosh! That video was so funny! TFS! And a Late Happy Birthday!! Hugs...Cookie

Lindsey said...

Menacing pandas... Until now I would have thought it was an oxymoron. :P Our camera is an Olympus dslr that I got husb for his bday a few years ago. Awesome camera, doesn't mean I can take a good card pic...

Lynn said...

emily, sounds like a fabulous birthday! I'm thinking you need to treat yourself to another present...a new camera. I use a Nikon. Big investment, but so worth it with all my guys running around everywhere :)

Alice said...

i saw those videos, too funny! so glad to hear that you had a wonderful day. =)

Janna Werner said...

Emily, this video was so mean... cute little Panda staring - and then kicking everything from the desk ;)

Janna