Tuesday, January 24, 2012

It's Your Baa-thday

Kim is sharing this card on the Paper Smooches Blog today! When I first saw the kicking sheep from Party Posse, I knew I wanted to pair him up with the tiny little sheep from FOLKal Points. Eeek! I just love it when a card makes me giggle while I'm making it. This was one of those cards. First, I cut out the green hills and traced the top of the hill in the very back so I'd know where to stamp the sheep and farmhouse. Then I masked a couple of the smaller sheep in the corner next to the farmhouse (bell tower or clock tower), also from FOLKal Points. After adhering the hills to the card, I stamped one extra small sheep and popped it on with foam tape. The big, woolly sheep was stamped directly on the hill in the foreground, then again on white cardstock, coloured, fussy cut and adhered to the card with foam tape. The sentiment, also from Party Posse, was the last to be stamped.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! See you on Thursday for the Paper Smooches January Release Blog Hop when Kim and the design team sneak the February stamp sets. I'm excited!!

Sources: Gina K Designs pure luxury white cardstock; SU Garden Green & Wild Wasabi cardstock; Paper Smooches Party Posse & FOLKal Points; Memories black ink; Copics; foam tape

37 comments:

*~řäđĥïķã~* said...

this is so cute!!

Brenda said...

This is funny and cute and very you! I love the dimension Emily!

Heather said...

This is SO cute Emily! I love it!

Creations by Shirl said...

What a cute baa-thday card Emily~
Cute sheeps love the detailing....

Lynn said...

So cute! Love the barn scene Emily!

Annette Allen said...

Emily this is so darn cute...I am loving this fun sheep...so fun..

canadian_liner said...

Love the sheep (all of them). I just ordered my first Paper Smooches stamp set, and look forward to creating some whimsy!

Tiffany Ervin said...

Oh my gosh! Really sweet and I'm digging the hilly green grass!

Cornelie said...

I LOVE this card!! So cute and great this sheeps!
Bye Cornelie

Lisa said...

This makes me giggle too :) So cute and so clever sombining these two sets. LOVE the dimension on this!

Anita Rex said...

Absolutely delightful! :> And clever I love it!

Jenny said...

Those sheep go so well together Emily and he definitely looks like joker of the pack!
Jenny x

Jay Gee said...

The two stamp sets go beautifully together Emily - what a fabulous scene you created :)

Robin said...

Brilliant card!! Would be a hit here in Ireland with all the sheep!

Unknown said...

Emily, i love how your stamping brain works! this is amazing...and so clever, fun, cute and happy! i love it. :)

Karen B. said...

Oh, super cute Emily!

Lindsey said...

This is way too cute! No wonder you were giggling as you made it. Baa-utiful!

Jen W. said...

Super super cute! Love how you mix up all the PS sets. Can't wait to see your sneak cards!

Levana Xu said...

super cute, emily.. love the sentiments that is spell baaa-day, haha that's funny ^-^ and cute

Emily Keaton said...

Gosh, SO adorable, Emily! I love how you combined the sets. What a fun birthday card! (I need more of those lots now, so I really appreciate the inspiration!!)

Anonymous said...

Eek, so love, love, love this adorable card. you are a stamp mix master.

Ujjwal said...

So super cute! Love those hills and combination of stamps :)

walchowDesign said...

Funny and beautiful baaaa scene, Emily!

Kong Hei Fatt Choy!

Candice F said...

So cute!

Cheryl said...

So cute! Great card!

Jingle said...

This is adorable!

Jessi Fogan said...

So cute, Emily - that kicking sheep is adorable, and I love how you combined the sets. Have you ever watched Shaun the Sheep with Damian? You'd both get a kick out of it (oh, lame pun...lol)

Wendy ten Hove said...

Wauw, Emily! This one is perfect! Love the way you combined the big sheep with the small ones from FOLKal points! Great perspective this way!! Fab thinking, but we can always leave that up to you!!! Eeeeeewe rock!! :-D
Hugs, Wendy

Sparkplug17 said...

Such a cute card!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! How super cute are those little sheep with the bigger one!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE:)

Nina said...

Oh wow, those cards are so CUTE! Love them!

Angela said...

Thanks for reminding me that I totally have a Local King stamp set with this saying...it isn't as cute as your amazing card, but still. Those tiny sheep are adorable!

Erin said...

Oh this is sooo sweet!

suzARTe said...

Too cute, love this card, love your style :)

Jocelyn Olson said...

Ha ha! This card made me laugh out loud! Is he the renegade sheep? Or is he the good sheep getting away from the bad sheep hanging out back? The hills look great, too.

Natka said...

I like it! Very funny!

Helle said...

this is so fun, love it!